Friday, June 27, 2014

An Update & Thanksgiving Turkey Wreath

It's been a really long time since I've updated.  Life got crazy and I didn't have much time for crafty things anymore, let alone the blog.  However, I have managed to put together a few things lately, and I wanted to throw a couple posts up to share the results.  Also, I have been thrilled with all the reposts of my Purple and Turquoise Ornament Wreath, so thanks!  (It's still my favorite craft project ever.)

The first thing I want to share is from last November, a while ago, but it's so cool.  I'm sure many Pinterest regulars have seen this post with a great Thanksgiving Turkey Wreath tutorial.  I wanted to share mine and tell you about the couple things I did differently.


For the most part, I followed the tutorial above exactly.  However, instead of using brown string to cover the wreath (that seemed time consuming), I used ribbon.  Also, instead of using a styrofoam cone for the beak, I rolled up some craft foam into a cone shape.  This saved some money because the styrofoam cones only came in bulk packs and were $6, and I didn't have to buy yellow paint.  (The foam was less than a dollar.)

My cat enjoyed watching me:


And my dog tried on the almost-finished product:


Here it is on the wall:


There are tons of these on Pinterest now if you search "Turkey Wreath," which is understandable, they are so neat!


No comments:

Post a Comment