Saturday, December 1, 2012

Cream Cheese Filled Pumpkin Muffins

Okay, here's something that's not my recipe, but I want to share my experience making.  I have always been a big fan of Starbuck's Pumpkin Muffin with Cream Cheese, and so when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I had to try it!  And I have to say, they are even better than the Starbucks ones!


Here is the original recipe with the list of ingredients.  I followed it exactly, except I make my own pumpkin pie spice.  And I don't like clove or allspice, so I leave that out of the PPS.  When you make the muffins, there are three parts.

The batter (I do not have an electric mixer and just used a whisk and it was fine):


The filling (I found the first time I made them that rolling it in a bag and slicing it doesn't work at all; however, you should freeze it to firm it up, so that it doesn't spread all over the batter when you put it in the cup.  I just freeze it in a bowl and spoon it out):


And the topping (Using cold butter is a horrible process; room temperature makes it easier to work with):


First, you fill the cups with just a tablespoon or two of batter:


Then, you add a bit of the filling.  In this pic, it wasn't frozen enough, and it spread some.  My next dozen was better, because the filling was firm and scooped into balls:


Here's what happens if you don't freeze the filling.  It's more of a cream cheese muffin sandwich.  Still good, but not as cool or pretty:


Then you place the rest of batter on top, covering the filling:


And top:


You bake them at 350 for 20-25 minutes (mine needed the whole 25).  Here they are!


My family raved about these and ate them up immediately the first time I made them.  24 went fast!  I just made 24 more today for a belated "Friendsgiving" at my sister's and I can't wait to get more "ooohs and aaaahs," lol.  I'm especially glad that I don't have to worry about them only being at Startbucks for a month out of the year, I can make them anytime!



No comments:

Post a Comment