Wednesday, November 28, 2012

An Introduction

My first blog post in years!  (If you don't count facebook.)  Being a writer type, I used to blog all the time.  In college I obsessively shared every aspect of my life with random Internet people 5-6 times a day.  Yes, sometimes more.  Sometimes 12.  Or 15.  Non-writers will think I am crazy, and so will writers (but writers will understand).  Either way I'm crazy.  Anyway, life got in the way a bit since then, but with this lovely invention called Pinterest I was inspired to blog again.  I'm always cooking and crafting and pinning, but it's no fun when your pins don't have anywhere to link.  I wanted to be able to share my recipes and elaborate on my successful (and non-successful) projects, so here we are.

I'm currently an English Instructor at three different colleges (it's insane but I love it).  I don't have any kids, unless you count the fuzzy ones, which I do.  Here's my 7 year old Golden Retriever, Roxy:



And here's my new kitty, Clover.  She's 2 years old but I adopted her only a couple months ago:



With regards to food, I am "primarily vegetarian," which means I only eat meat here and there, maybe once or twice a month, or on holidays, etc.  I realize this doesn't make me a "real" vegetarian, so I never claim to be one, but I love vegetarian cooking and I feel much healthier since becoming "mostly" one a couple years ago.  I don't believe people aren't intended to eat meat - I do think we are - but I just think we eat too much meat.  I'm against factory farming, unnatural ways of "producing" meat, and unnecessary cruelty to animals.   Most the recipes I'll post about will be vegetarian, but you may also see some with meat here and there.

For the purpose of this blog, there's probably not much else to say about me right now (I'm pretty boring).  So I'll leave it at that!

No comments:

Post a Comment